Tuesday 23 November 2010

Winter Breed Show

There's another Haflinger show coming up! Full of furry haflingers this time, and quite a bit colder... Niels and Opal are both going. Opal's just entered in the Youngstock class, and it'll be her last youngstock class. *violins* Niels is doing two elementary classes (open and restricted sections) and one preliminary with my younger brother.

Opal's put on tonnes of weight, the grass in my area is clearly just ridiculously good. Doesn't help that I can't really exercise her like I need to! Nevermind, she's a growing girl!

Niels is going good. His simple changes are more hit than miss now, been building up counter canter, collected canter and working on laterals in trot. He can now do shoulder ins and travers down the whole length of the school, and straight/parallel leg yields are nice and basic for him too now. :) Oh and I tricked him the other day, and he did travers on a circle. I swear he's having me on sometimes! Started using poles recently, I never bothered before because he's a bit of a clutz and I tend to fear for my life! It's teaching how to flick out his toes in trot though, maybe eventually we'll be able to incorporate that into a respectable medium trot?

Can't wait to get started on Opal. Plans, plans, plans!

I'll take lots of photos at the breed show, and maybe buy some pro ones too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment