Friday 28 January 2011

January 2011

Niels is doing great lately. Just wish I had time to get out there competiting! Easy rosettes since nobody else can be bothered in this weather. haha

He can now easily do a 10m circle in canter, counter canter is coming, but only when he feels like it. He gets pretty frustrated and panicky when he knows that's what we're going to work on, so I have to sneak it in!

We've got nice and straight leg yields, and without a joggy trot too, staying nice and balanced. Now he's finding it easy in trot, I'll start working on it in canter too.

Not much else to report. Opal's got just over a month left of her holiday, so I'm starting to ask a bit more of her on the ground. Trotting poles have been introduced (Boy can she pick her feet up!) and every couple of weeks I've been lunging her in the pessoa, I'll increase that to once a week I think, she goes really nicely in that.

I'll have some more videos soon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment